Walker Calls on Other Candidates to Drop out to Beat Trump
Scott Walker isn’t running for president anymore, but that hasn’t stopped him from calling on the other weaker candidates to drop out in order to beat Donald Trump.
“I think in the end, he has a plurality but not a majority of the votes within the process,” the former GOP hopeful said Tuesday according to WISC-TV. “Eventually, I hope others do what I did, which is suspend their campaigns, because if you have a large field, a plurality can win, but if you have a small field, more people will focus toward the majority opinion.”
“I encourage other Republican presidential candidates to consider doing the same, so the voters can focus on a limited number of candidates who can offer a positive, conservative alternative to the current front-runner,” Walker said at the time.
The Hill reports:
Since then, however, only low-polling Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has suspended his campaign; Texas Gov. Rick Perry dropped out before Walker.
Meanwhile, Trump continues to lead the GOP field with 29.3 percent, according to the RealClearPolitics average of national polls
The Wisconsin governor on Tuesday was critical of Trump’s latest proposal for a “total and complete shutdown” of all Muslims entering the country until elected leaders can “figure out what’s going on.”
“When we look at the very real concerns we have in the world when it comes to safety,” Walker said, “our focus should be on ensuring the people coming into this country are safe, and it shouldn’t be on what religion they are.”
Photo credit: Raw Story.