Parents of Two Benghazi Victims Sue Clinton
The parents of two Americans killed during the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, are suing Hillary Clinton over the incident.
The Hill Reports:
The parents of two Americans killed during the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, are suing Hillary Clinton over the incident, according to the organization behind the complaint.
Freedom Watch on Monday filed the suit against the Democratic presidential nominee in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
The case was filed on behalf of Patricia Smith, mother of Sean Smith, and Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods.It alleges Clinton contributed to the deaths of both men, as well as defamation and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress.
“Having used a secret private email server that we now know was used to communicate with Ambassador Christopher Stevens with confidential and classified government information, and which we now know was likely hacked by hostile adversaries such as Iran, Russia, China and North Korea aligning with terrorist groups, it is clear that Hillary Clinton allegedly negligently and recklessly gave up the classified location of the plaintiffs’ sons, resulting in a deadly terrorist attack that took their lives,” Freedom Watch founder Larry Klayman said in a statement.
Klayman said Clinton, who was secretary of State at the time of the attack, had publicly misrepresented its cause.
“To add insult to deadly injury, Hillary Clinton told the plaintiffs that their sons were killed as the result of a video mocking the Islamic prophet Mohammed, when she knew that they were murdered by Muslim terrorists,” he said.
“When the families exposed her lies, she called them liars to protect her reputation and to further her own presidential ambitions,” Klayman added.
“Hillary Clinton has been thus far fortunate, throughout her career, to escape the long arm of the law, believing and acting as if she is above the law. This time her ‘luck’ has run out.”
Four Americans were killed on Sept. 11, 2012, when Islamic militants attacked the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi.
Last week, Dorothy Woods, the widow Tyrone Woods, said Clinton is unfit to be commander in chief.
She told Hugh Hewitt that Clinton should have admitted she was wrong on how she handled the situation in Libya.
Patricia Smith said last month she blames Clinton “personally for the death of my son” during an appearance at the Republican National Convention.
Benghazi survivors Mark Geist and John Tiegen gave a recounting of the tragedy immediately after her address in Cleveland.
Photo Credit: Rawstory