Clinton Tops 270 Electoral Votes in NBC Map
Hillary Clinton tops the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency according to NBC news battleground map projection.
The Hill Reports:
Hillary Clinton tops the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency in an NBC News battleground map projection updated Monday.
The map is based on states leaning or likely to go for the Democratic and Republicans nominees based on recent polling.
— NBC News (@NBCNews) August 15, 2016
NBC’s latest map lists Florida, Iowa and Ohio as toss-ups, though recent NBC/Wall Street Journal/Marist polls have shown Clinton ahead of Trump in those states.
Georgia and Nevada are also now listed as toss-ups, while Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Virginia, Colorado and Michigan are among the states now considered to lean Democrat.
FiveThirtyEight’s latest election forecast gives Clinton an 89 percent chance of winning the presidency, while Trump has an 11 percent chance.
Trump has taken to blasting media following weeks of polls conducted amid several controversies over his own statements that show him losing to Clinton by significant margins.
His campaign has sought to keep Trump on message with carefully scripted speeches beyond his high-profile rallies, where he often speaks off the cuff.
The businessman is slated to deliver a speech focused on foreign policy on Monday, a week after delivering a speech centered on the economy.
Photo Credit: Rawstory