WikiLeaks Cancels Tuesday Announcement Amid Security Concerns: Report
Julian Assange may have cancelled his Tuesday announcement after security concerns made him reconsider, for his safety.
The Hill reports:
WikiLeaks has canceled an unknown announcement it had planned for next week due to security concerns, according to an NBC News reporter.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was scheduled to make an announcement Tuesday from the balcony of London’s Ecuadorian Embassy. It was expected to be connected to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
Due to security concerns at the Ecuadorian Embassy, Julian Assange’s balcony announcement on Tues has been cancelled, per @wikileaks
— Jesse Rodriguez (@JesseRodriguez) September 30, 2016
However, NBC News reporter Jesse Rodriguez reported that because of security concerns at the embassy, the event has been canceled. WikiLeaks hasn’t said whether the announcement will be rescheduled.
Over the summer, Wikileaks published a trove of emails which appeared to show top officials at the Democratic National Committee planning how to undermine Sen. Bernie Sanders’s presidential campaign.
Assange has promised to release more emails from the massive hack of the Democratic National Committee.
Last month, Assange said more Clinton leaks would be coming soon.
Roger Stone, a supporter of Donald Trump, tweeted Sunday morning that Clinton’s would be “done” on Wednesday because of the Wikileaks announcement.
Photo credit: Gage Skidmore/Flickr.